Benjamin & Sheridan Repair Kit, Fits Some Pre-1995 Multi-Pump Guns w/Soldered Valve
Repair kit fits these multi-pump guns made before 1995 (they have a soldered valve): Benjamin 397, 392, 340, 342 & 347 guns as well as Sheridan C9 (Silver Streak) & CB9 (Blue Streak). To determine if this kit is for you:
- Remove the screw in front of triggerguard to remove rear part of the stock
- Remove the pins or screws that hold the retention cap at the rear of the receiver
- Remove the guide pin, spring & hammer to reveal the compression tube
- If the compression tube appears to be brass & is one piece with a pin protruding from it, you’ll need the other kit (CR/RepairKitC9) instead of this one
- If your gun has a rounded square hole with a valve stem sticking up through it, then the kit shown on this page will fit your gun. The included valve tool (pictured on this page) is needed to remove the parts from the soldered valve body (directions included with kit).
This kit includes parts that are still available from Crosman and may require slight modification. If your gun is very old and has been treated with any petroleum distillates and/or solvents that damage rubber seals, the removal of the old parts can be challenging. The obsolete gasket that seals the valve guide to the compression tube can normally be reused. If you used petroleum products, it may be irreparably damaged and will need to be replaced by a thin o-ring.